Group practices with two or more providers that bill under a single tax identification number (TIN) may choose to report their 2016 PQRS measures as a group. To qualify for this option, the group practice must register for GPRO by June 30. Once you register for GPRO, you cannot later decide to return to claims-based reporting.
Individual providers who bill under their own EIN and group practices that don’t register for GPRO should continue claims-based reporting. If reporting individually, at least 50% of providers in a group practice must successfully participate in PQRS for all providers in the group to avoid a negative Medicare payment adjustment in 2018.
Registering for GPRO
To register for GPRO, complete the following:
- Go to the CMS Portal.
- Log in or create an account.
- Click the PV-PQRS tab and select Register from the drop-down.
If you don’t have access to PV-PQRS, click Request Access Now on the right side of the page.
- Click the Register link to the right of the group practice name.
- Enter the required Organization Information and Requestor Information.
- Select the Group Size based on the number of providers billing under a single TIN.
- Select CAHPS
Note: Groups smaller than 100 providers are not required to participate in CAHPS and should opt out.
- Enter the Contact Information.
- Verify the summary and click Submit.
For help, refer to the 2016 PQRS GPRO Registration Guide or call the QualityNet Help Desk at 866.288.8912.
Reporting PQRS Data
After registering for GPRO, continue to see patients and document PQRS measures. You may discontinue claims-based reporting. Submit your PQRS data via the CMS Quality Reporting Portal by February 28, 2017.