On behalf of 6 practices that ordered on eBuy at eyefinity.com this fall, more than 500 students will receive the gift of sight with free eye exams and eyewear from the VSP Sight for Students program. As winners in a recent eBuy campaign, the 6 practices were able to choose a school in their community to receive the Sight for Students gift certificates and a $500 Staples gift card for school supplies.
Winning practices and schools are:
- Mercedeh Motameni, OD, FAAO –Paul Revere Charter Middle School, Los Angeles, CA
- Ocotillo Eyecare –Hamilton High School, Chandler, AZ
- Everett Family Vision –Discovery Elementary School, Everett, WA
- Cutler Eye Care –Joliet West High School, Joliet, IL
- Cullom Eye & Laser Center – Matthew Whaley Elementary School, Williamsburg, VA
- San Ramon Optometric Group –Twin Creeks Elementary School, San Ramon, CA
During the 6-week campaign, any practice ordering on eBuy needed to order a minimum of 5 frames per week to qualify for a weekly drawing. Winners were randomly drawn from all practices that ordered the minimum.
Coinciding with the spirit of giving at this time of year, the outcome of this campaign not only helped students who normally wouldn’t be able to afford eyecare, it also connected more than 500 new patients to local private-practice eye doctors.
VSP fully funds the Sight for Students program, paying practices to provide the services and dispense the eyewear. The gift certificates are redeemable with VSP providers on the Choice network who carry Altair frames. To join the Choice network, please call the VSP Customer Service Department at 800.615.1883. To carry Altair frames, please call Altair at 800.505.5557. For more information regarding the Sight for Students program, visit their website at www.SightforStudents.org.