OfficeMate/ExamWRITER electronic medical records v10.5 is here! The new version, released today, is ONC-ATCB 2011/2012-certified as a ‘Complete EHR’ by CCHIT, which enables users to achieve ‘meaningful use’ in order to qualify for up to $44,000 in federal stimulus money.
Among the new version’s most unique and anticipated features, is its ‘CMS Meaningful Use Reporting Window’ which allows users to easily track their meaningful use criteria. It also calculates the percentage of criteria that the user meets so they can report the data during the attestation process.
Other new features include:
- Enhanced Appointment Scheduler: Includes improvements that make setting up exceptions easier and makes the display more user-friendly.
- Fee Slips: Easier and more intuitive editing of line items; allows user to designate which open charges to post, which to close, and which to leave open.
- Ledger: Improvements reduce the complexity of the line items displayed in the ledger and make completing tasks such as reverses/corrections, edits, and changing payment types easier.
- Claims Processing: Improvements and ease of use provide more effective means of processing claims.
- Reports: Customized reports improve the view the practice’s finances and increase the user’s flexibility to achieve the precise reporting they require.
- Enhanced VSP Interface: Improves workflow and allows user to obtain authorizations and submit VSP lab orders and claims more quickly and more accurately than in prior versions.
Existing OfficeMate/ExamWRITER users who wish to upgrade to v10.5 can visit Eyefinity’s ‘MyInstallCenter’ which will assist them by asking a series of questions about their practice, hardware, and which parts of the software they currently use. This innovative technology provides users with a stage-by-stage approach of all necessary steps that must be made to ensure a smooth upgrade, including a customized training program based on the unique needs of each eyecare practice.
New and existing clients can also call 800.269.3666 (option 1) for additional details.